ICE! BAM! Instead of kissing the wheelchair ramp I caught the fall and moved my hips out of place just enough to have to lay around for the rest of the month and beyond. Our present dilemma with Ice and ice-fog is far better than it was in 2012, 9 days without power and exploding trees...even at that ….it is ungodly cold. The friends in Australia are burning up, 115 degree weather. They send me virtual sunshine and I return with virtual snowballs.
Photo from the KOMO website. It is Mt. Rainer as seen from Graham, WA. YouNews contributor jinneym
So while all of this beauty or hardship, depends how you look at it, I am parked on my couch resting my hips. A couple of years ago I raised my sofa by 4 inches in order to take the pressure of my back while sitting on it, so when I lay on it, the height is a bit awkward. Have to turn off the lights and I am unable to see the Television. That in itself is not a problem, having monitored all the news channels during the election for 12 months, I know every one's voice in the BoopTube. I know my way around the living room and can determine by sound if anything changes. Everything is within reach, the remote, the phone, SKYPE, Coffee... I only smoke while I am up and moving, that is on the opposite side of the room... and Ms. Girley, the cat, is lounging in my armpit under the blanket. So here I lay....
The neighbor is turning off her porch light and leaving for work. She only works ever so often, makes me think of a post on my FB by Veronica German.
Americans need to know that if you are over 50 years of age and you lose your job, it is very unlikely that you will receive another full time position. Knowing this will help with your planning. Many of my peers mortgaged their homes to earn further credentials, green building certification, Masters, Ph. D., contractors license, etc. when they met with lay off only to uncover they are denied access and locked out.
Make plans with your savings as if there is no more job for you.
Aleia Leighland and I discussed this on her Radio Show a couple of month ago.Times are really changing, I remember when I noticed some of the waitresses I know were now middle age, they must have been working at the same place forever. I did not notice things like that when young, guess getting old was so removed from my thoughts, it did not occur to me this would ever become an issue.
Guess it is time to stretch a bit and turn over.... I drove through town last Friday night at 6:30 PM or so. I was in awe of how quiet and deserted the place looked. Hardly anyone walking, no one in the downtown Starbucks. No one sitting at the tables in the sidewalks in front of the little restaurants sipping on something. No Street Musicians, no Artists, no panhandlers, no one at the park and the bus station bench in front was empty also. Olympia ordinances have forbidden to drive...cruising... around the block, sit on the sidewalk. The town looks lifeless. Locals objected to traffic and Homelessness, so all the ANTI RULES were put into place and if you asked me...even if you don't.. I'll tell you. It looks like someone killed the town after dark.
How do you practically outlaw homelessness without helping people who need it.
Chris Mathews on MSNBC is explaining how in some states the Republican Party has started to redistrict counties so it makes it impossible for Democrats to win a Presidential Election in 2016 and thereafter. I thought the election was over and we were able to breath and concentrate on making a better place for our offspring. The HATE continues. I don't understand. So much turmoil from within, was this a report from a foreign country, I would assume it was heading for a cue. Silly thought, this is America. Better move around a bit my mind is playing tricks on me.
A fluff here, a fluff there, really getting hard to get comfy after a while, but here I am still laying on the Sofa. Wondering why it is so hard for me to drive after dark. All of a sudden I am as blind as a bat. Dark street ahead of me, oncoming traffic blinding me and big vehicles behind me blinding me though all of my mirrors. Transition lenses. When wearing transition lenses the simultaneous change of extreme light and dark confuse the glasses, It is possible to see things, which are not there and miss things which are. The other day I thought I saw something crossing the road and I slammed on my brakes. It was a mailbox disguised as the head of a fawn. Later a person in dark clothes wandered into the street and I did not see her or him. I am not going to drive in traffic after dark any more.
Our First Lady looked marvelous during the Inauguration. Not since Jackie Kennedy has a First Lady set an example to so many young women and oh, the fashion! We ALL wanted that coat she was wearing, it was the chatter on the social sites.
I was on my way home at 5:15PM. To my left the Sun was shining bright, blue skies and a little pink. Straight ahead of me were gray and black ominous clouds. To my left, the full Moon and night was coming across the horizon. I have never seen a combination and colliding of day and night before. It will be in my memory from here on in.
January was slow, or it felt that way. Laying around is not my cup of tea. I am grateful I have a couch, firewood and food, so many have so much less or nothing at all. Let me get up and sit for a while and do what I do well. Drink coffee, smoke and figure out my next move...when it comes to this crazy hip dilemma.
Justin Timberlake bought MySpace. He made some changes and people, especially Artists, are starting to hang out again. I have always maintained my blog on the site, but it is nice to revisit some old friends. While I was hanging out on MYSPACE someone had posted the following on my Facebook Timeline. I am unable to give a credit, it was not noted, so I will call it - by anonymous.
• 1. If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you live in Washington.
• 2. If you've worn shorts, sandals and a parka at the same time, you live in Washington.
• 3. If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed the wrong number, you live in Washington.
• 4. If you measure distance in hours, you live in Washington.
• 5. If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live in Washington.
• 6. If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' and back again in the same day, you live in Washington.
• 7. If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in Central, Southern or Eastern Washington.
• 8. If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over 2 layers of clothes or under a raincoat, you live in Washington.
• 9. If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow and ice, you live in Washington.
• 10. If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction, you live in Washington.
• 11. If you feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash, you live in Washington.
• 12. If you know more than 10 ways to order coffee, you live in Washington.
• 13. If you know more people who own boats than air conditioners, you live in Washington.
• 14. If you stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the "Walk" signal, you live in Washington.
• 15. If you consider that if it has no snow or has not recently erupted, it is not a real mountain, you live in Washington.
• 16. If you can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and Tullys, you live in Washington.
• 17. If you know the difference between Chinook, Coho and Sockeye salmon, you live in Washington.
• 18. If you know how to pronounce Sequim, Puyallup , Abiqua, Issaquah, Snoqualamie, Wenatchee, Spokane, Umpqua, Yakima and Willamette, you live in Washington.
• 19. If you consider swimming an indoor sport, you live in Washington.
• 20. If you can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai food, you live in Washington.
• 21. If you never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho, you live in Washington.
• 22. If you have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain, you live in Washington.
• 23. If you think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists, you live in Washington.
• 24. If you buy new sunglasses every year because you cannot find the old ones after such a long time, you live in Washington.
• 25. If you actually understand these jokes and forward them to all your Washington friends, you live or have lived in Washington.
I turned 65 and was put into a new healthcare plan. I now have to buy my medications at Walmart. I asked my current pharmacy to transfer my records. It turns out the only thing transferred was the name of the prescription. It took many trials and errors to figure out what drugs were compatible with me, I have MANY allergies, so I wanted to make sure Walmart knew of my challenges. The Lady at Walmart was very nice and explained that more often than NOT only outstanding prescriptions are being transferred. I told the Pharmacist that when I get frustrated I walk away from a situation, to please be patient and allow me to come back later. She thought it was great I told her about my behavior under extreme stress and added: “ Let me know if you want me to give you a hug.” Unknown to me a long line had formed behind me and a man started waving his hands and shouted: “FREE HUGS, FREE HUGS!” PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR PHARMACY what their policy is, if you don't know that the old files are not being transferred you could get hurt!
Here is something one can scratch one's head about. If a woman is employed while on pregnancy leave and has exhausted her sick leave, has no income,there is no social backup for her, because it is the past income which is considered. Any owed income is used for medical insurance and deductions. She is unable to collect unemployment if she terminates herself, so please check on all you options or you and Baby will end up in a shelter while you can say: “I HAVE a job!”
Love and Light
My book 2012.so what am I still doing here is up for free download.
New from Fritz Mayr....... Chill around the world, enjoy!